Did you know studies have found that those who incorporate balanced snacks have a lower BMI, an easier time losing weight, and an easier time keeping the weight off?
Those same individuals are also likely to consume more fibre, fruits, and veggies!
Here are 5 tips to help you snack smarter:
1. Your snacks should be balanced with a carb, protein, and fat just like our meals! When planning for snacks, find different ways to use the same ingredient
2. Your snack portions should be “snack sized”! “Research shows that people unintentionally consume more calories when faced with larger portions.”
3. Make it a family affair! In every aspect of our nutrition journey, we should include the whole family!
4. Don’t let busy become a way of life! Being busy is the number one habit CRUSHER! Plan ahead! If you have a day full of errands, pack snacks to go by identifying shelf stable items such as turkey jerky, unsweetened applesauce pouches, or your favorite nuts and seeds.
5. Snack mindfully! Studies show that by practicing mindfulness, we are less likely to over consume foods and we are more likely to choose better options!
If you need help to build balanced snacks or need extra accountability to plan ahead and stick to the plan, schedule a time to meet with me to help you find your perfect path to hitting your long-term health and wellness goals.
The way we eat and what we eat has a profound effect on our health. The more processed food taken in, such as chemical additives creates a lot of inflammation in the body and depletes energy as the immune system fights what it sees as foreign invaders
Free nutrition webinar at www.tonywinyard.com/webinar
5 week Habits & Health programme at www.tonywinyard.com/workshop
Take my quiz to unlock your personal key to healthier habits.
Find out if you are controlling your habits or your habits are controlling you—plus exactly what to do about it!
Blog posts weekly schedule:
Sundays: Personal Development